Fixed forum permissions..

Topics Related Specifically to the E30 325ix

Fixed forum permissions..

Postby hassmaschine » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Don't know what I did, but I broke the ability to post new topics, and I definitely don't want to approve every post! You know it's bad when the forum administrator is blocked from replying to a topic. :)
hassmaschine
Site Admin

Re: Fixed forum permissions..

Postby ejohnson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Lol, nice. Glad you got it all fixed up. Im going to transfer a few more threads over here.
ejohnson

Postby hassmaschine » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Yeah, I don't know what happened.

I've got some articles I need to write and post, starting with suspension. The only thing I'm not really that great at is rally setups, but I know some people.. :)

Also got a really cool project for speed sensing wipers from an E36. Not ix specific but it should be a fairly simple DIY, and there's a billion E36s just waiting to be parted out for the good of E30s.
hassmaschine
Site Admin

500 error on registry.

Postby CraigBurton » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 am

Hi,

I'm getting a server 500 error when I click on the link to try and register my ix.

Craig,
CraigBurton

Postby Supernaught » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm here! Not that anyone cared. Ive got a suggestion - I like writing procedures (I know its insane to say - but its part of my vocation), why not make a list of DIYs or procedures that are done, ones that need photos, and ones that are need to be made(new ones should always have photos)? We can check off the list as it gets done.

That way we're not redoing old DIYs and I know that when I do that next job on the weekend, I should take notes and pics.

There are some great rally articles I've read not too long ago, I will try to dig them up again. They describe some of the physics and terminology, but not a substitute for experience. I recommend rallyx to everyone.
There are 3 or 4 guys driving IXes in amateur/semi-pro stage rallies that might be able to chime in about their setups.

Tall Pines Rally is coming up in my hometown next weekend, but sadly still no IXes.
Supernaught

Postby hassmaschine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 pm

well, I thought I fixed forum permissions - but the damn thing still thinks I want to approve posts. Ugh.

I disabled the "new users" group. Hope that fixes the issue. I just figured nobody was interested and then I realized I had 22 members without even advertising the forum. lol.
hassmaschine
Site Admin

Postby hassmaschine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Supernaught wrote:I'm here! Not that anyone cared. Ive got a suggestion - I like writing procedures (I know its insane to say - but its part of my vocation), why not make a list of DIYs or procedures that are done, ones that need photos, and ones that are need to be made(new ones should always have photos)? We can check off the list as it gets done.

That way we're not redoing old DIYs and I know that when I do that next job on the weekend, I should take notes and pics.

There are some great rally articles I've read not too long ago, I will try to dig them up again. They describe some of the physics and terminology, but not a substitute for experience. I recommend rallyx to everyone.
There are 3 or 4 guys driving IXes in amateur/semi-pro stage rallies that might be able to chime in about their setups.

Tall Pines Rally is coming up in my hometown next weekend, but sadly still no IXes.

yeah, I had a few in mind I wanted to start and a couple that I've started.

There's a lot of info scattered all over, I'd like this to be a permanent place where you can find all of it.
hassmaschine
Site Admin

Postby Supernaught » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:33 pm

i like the idea, 325ix.com seems like a no brainer
Supernaught

Postby hassmaschine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:46 pm

getting the forum to actually *work* seems to be the tough part. :p
hassmaschine
Site Admin

Return to 325ix Discussion